Date: 7/18/20 2:28 pm
From: Rita Goranson <ritag...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Mockingbird plus
In a couple of days of car birding since it has been so hot, we have seen
over 80 species in the area. Interesting birds were:

Today we saw the N. Mockingbird that Betty Lucas had found on Ulmus, north
of 220th St. There were two singing Wood Thrushes at Lime Creek. An E.
Kingbird was feeding a Cowbird young today.

Yesterday at Clear Lake there were at least 14 Forster's Terns. There was a
dozen or so Franklin's gulls at the landfill, also. A Com. Gallinule was at
a pond south of Clear Lake on the 16th.

Do you think that I can find a L. Shrike anywhere??? The answer is "no".

Rita Goranson (and Al)

Mason City, Cerro Gordo County