Date: 7/18/20 12:09 pm
From: Frank Vanslager via groups.io <Vanslagerf=<aol.com...>
Subject: [southbaybirds] We Need To Change Only Those Things That Logically Need Changing At This Extraordinary Time
All:

We need to keep in mind that those photographers were probably bored with staying at home.  They normally would be at work, and would have been too tired to also photograph birds at this particular extraordinary time.  We need to make sure that what we change happens immediately, and not at a budgeted time, and doesn't have side effects when the time changes.

I personally remember in December 1941 when the Speed Limit in Indiana overnight changed to 35 MPH!  They used paper bags and printed paper to paste on the poles.  Gas Stations were either closed or monitored to limit the amounts pumped until special stamps were issued.  Other stamps were issued for types of meat and dairy products, etc..  I remember holding places in line for my Dad's cigars, etc.  And I hunted for (even-valuable) objects that could be melted down for scrap.

And I remember when we put up a star in our front window for my brother Denny entering military service.  And then a second star for Ernie, and a third for Hank, and a fourth for my sister Aggie.  And then we unfortunately had to change Hank's star to a Gold Star.

Frank Vanslager

View/Reply Online (#22044): https://groups.io/g/southbaybirds/message/22044
-=-=-
-=-=-