Date: 7/18/20 11:10 am
From: Frank Vanslager via groups.io <Vanslagerf=<aol.com...>
Subject: [southbaybirds] A Harbor Seal In Pond A8 On 7/18/2020
All:

I went to the Bay Trail Parking that I showed yesterday, and this time carried the Questar down to the spillway.  But I didn't find the 2 species that I was looking for: Elegant Tern and Brown Pelican.  Both of these species are described by Pete Dunne as having the non-successful-breeders do a dispersal to the north.  I'd seen them here in the past as early as July.  What I did see was a Harbor Seal.  It stayed mostly underwater as it swam away, and only partly got its head up, as if it was still looking down.

I then went to A2E where I was told that I had just missed a large flock of Brown Pelicans flying west.  What I did see was that notorious Northern Red Bishop on my way out by the pump-house.  See photo.

Frank Vanslager

View/Reply Online (#22043): https://groups.io/g/southbaybirds/message/22043
-=-=-
-=-=-