Date: 7/17/20 10:10 pm
From: Robert O'Brien <baro...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Not too Swift - A Minisaga (kinda long)
I've received several responses to other OBOLers' swift experiences.
Here's an idea I've thought of recently. Although it's fun to have the
swiftlets inside the house, it's a bad idea.
Next season I'm going to make a platform out of plywood slightly smaller
than the chimney and then suspend it with 4 wires 6' below the opening
at the top. Then if they fall, they will land on this platform and
recover. Then I'll remove the platform for the winter fires.
Internet says Chimney swifts nest 2-22 feet below the opening so 6' should
work I hope.
Bob OBrien

Join us on Facebook!