Date: 7/17/20 6:38 pm
From: Robert O'Brien <baro...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Not too Swift - A Minisaga (kinda long)
The Minisaga Sequel
The good news is that there is still twittering in the Chimney. I'm not
sure whether these are young 'uns that did not crash into the fireplace
some of the 3 returning releases, or both. But it means the parents are
still feeding some or all of them.
I don't have a lot of details, but I do know that they return to the
nesting chimney after their first, normal fledging. A few years back
I had my Canon/300mm camera in movie mode to record their comings and
goings and filmed the recent fliers returning to the chimney, or at least
trying to.
One of them came in on the return, misjudged, bounced off the edge, resumed
flight from midair, and successfully entered on the next flyby.
Live and Learn
Bob OBrien

Join us on Facebook!