Date: 7/17/20 12:46 pm
From: JULIANA <juliana.manoliu...>
Subject: [southbaybirds] Los Gatos creek trail
On 7-17-2020 for my first ever trip to the Los Gatos Creek trail I
followed Bob Reiling's tips from a few days ago to go on the East side
of the creek. Parking at the Main St. access is very limited and the
trail is very busy. I followed the trail all the way to where it makes a
U-turn to an uphill section and started going back the same way I came:
as close as possible to the creek. Stopped twice at a scenic spot on the
creek without any luck with dippers. Finally I spotted an /*American
dipper*/ on a small rock; was able to watch it as it preened there and
then flew a short distance to the Western cement wall- not a very
photogenic background. Spent at least 10 minutes with it. It looked
mostly adult, although its bill sometimes seemed pale. And this bird
blinked more than any species of bird I ever observed.

Juliana Manoliu

View/Reply Online (#22027): https://groups.io/g/southbaybirds/message/22027
-=-=-
-=-=-