Date: 7/17/20 11:28 am
From: Osness <ravenbuddhanow...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Bjorkboda and McHugh marshes
Early this morning I paid a visit to Bjorkboda Marsh and McHugh Marsh (1
mile west of Bjorkboda). I saw over 100 Killdeer, a couple of dozen Wood
Ducks, a couple of singing Swamp Sparrows, a few Least Sandpipers, about
20 Pectoral Sandpipers and two Solitary Sandpipers. And having breakfast
with a couple of his Coot friends was a Common Gallinule. My favorite bird
was a solitary Black Tern. I wonder if it is nesting in the area. It was
also nice to see a lot of Swamp Milkweed.
Nick Osness
Ames, IA