Date: 7/17/20 10:58 am
From: Frank Vanslager via groups.io <Vanslagerf=<aol.com...>
Subject: [southbaybirds] Legal Parking For The Bay Trail Near the A8 Salt Pond Complex
All:

I thought I'd look to see if there is any legal parking on the west side of the RR tracks near the eastern edge of A8 at Alviso.  So I got off 237 at Lafayette and continued through the traffic light at the Gold Street Connector to enter that hotel complex.  I kept bearing to the right until I finally got to an end at Fairfield Suites and Residence Inn (see photo #1).  Success!  Right there are 4 parking spaces labeled "Bay Trail Parking" and "Public Shore Parking" (see photo #2).

Facing west from there is a sign labeled "Trail Rules" (see photo #3).  So I walked west for a couple hundred yards to get to my usual stopping point on the hill overlooking A8.  I didn't go further.  However, there were 3 separate fishermen with a lot of equipment down at the shore and on the spillway.  Later one of the fishermen left, and I saw that he was using the hotel's parking lot.

I couldn't figure out where the public trail is supposed to go.  Is it just one of those future trail segments that later generations will use but the current one cannot?

Frank Vanslager

View/Reply Online (#22026): https://groups.io/g/southbaybirds/message/22026
-=-=-
-=-=-