Date: 7/17/20 10:44 am
From: Jack Williamson <jack.williamson.jr...>
Subject: [obol] Empidonax (Yeah-But) Take Two
Now that I am free of my Veery babysitting activities I went back to Black
Butte Swamp this morning in search of flycatchers.

As luck would have it, I found two flycatchers (together) again. This time
they did not seem to be interacting other than they flew into the top of
side by side willows within just a few moments of each other.

The location is on Indian Ford Creek just it emerges eastbound from the
forest. In some ways, it reminds me of Whiskey Springs.

The second of the flycatchers flew into the big pines that I have circled
in one of the images in the album below.

The coordinates of willows are roughly 44.368903, -121.630536

I just got home and have not had time to study the photos so I have not yet
formed an opinion as to whether, or not, these two birds are the same ones
that found me a few days ago.

But it is curious enough that I thought I would share these right away.

There are a lot of photos of the first very cooperative bird and only seven
of the second. The second bird is on the branch that is pointed to the
right.

https://adobe.ly/2OBmVS4

Jack Williamson
West Linn, Oregon