Date: 7/17/20 12:00 am
From: Timothy Shelmerdine <tim.oregonpelagictours...>
Subject: [obol] 2020 Oregon Pelagics
Hello, all.
I am completely understanding of those who are making good choices to be
cautious this year, and this message is not intended to convince anyone to
do anything that they feel will put them at risk. I am admittedly posting
as an ocean addict, who can hardly imagine not spending a single day on the
Pacific Ocean over the course of a year.
The two Oregon Pelagic Tours trips most likely to run are 8 hour trips on
August 16 and September 12. Both of these trips only need a couple more
birders to be assured to go. Both trips have a history of a good diversity
of seabird species, and if you want to make sure you go on one pelagic this
year, one of these two is your best bet.
We would love to be able to run our 12 hour deepwater trip scheduled for
August 29, which has had some excellent rarities some years, including
Scripps's Murrelet and even Hawaiian Petrel. The deepwater regions off of
Oregon are underexplored during the late summer and early fall, even by
research vessels.. Although participant numbers are currently low, we hope
that this trip will gain a little momentum.
Another trip we always enjoy offering and hope will gain a following is our
10 hour October 4 Pelagic. This trip has produced incredible rarities over
the years, especially when we get to Perpetua or Heceta Banks.
At Oregon Pelagic Tours, we will continue to offer you a quality seabird
experience, and simultaneously take measures to protect your health. Please
view our website (www.oregonpelagictours.com)
<http://www.oregonpelagictours.com> to check out our schedule, as well as
our responses to the COVID-19 virus.
Please feel free to reach out with any questions or especially concerns.
Tim Shelmerdine
Oregon Pelagic Tours

Join us on Facebook!