Date: 7/16/20 9:19 pm
From: eBird alert <alert.ebird...>
Subject: [sbcobirding] [eBird Alert] Santa Barbara County Rare Bird Alert
*** Species Summary:

- Blue-winged Teal (1 report)
- Eared Grebe (1 report)
- Common Ground Dove (1 report)
- Nazca Booby (1 report)

Blue-winged Teal (Spatula discors) (2)
- Reported Jul 16, 2020 13:07 by Mark Holmgren
- La Cumbre Country Club, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.4320095,-119.7586155&ll=34.4320095,-119.7586155
- Comments: "The male of the apparent pair was more diagnosable than the female. Male showed small duck size, white spot on the sides of the dark butt, black spots on cinnamon sides, greenish speculum, faint white crescent on face, and a black bill. The female stuck close to the male, was small dark and that’s about all I saw of it. Seen by scope at the NE corner of the lagoon about 225m from my view point."

Eared Grebe (Podiceps nigricollis) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Jul 15, 2020 15:46 by Kendra Kocab
- Prisoner's and Scorpion's harbors transfer (inshore), Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.055575,-119.5945501&ll=34.055575,-119.5945501
- Media: 1 Photo
- Comments: "Full breeding plumage, will post pict. Sorry to see only one leg, located inside cove."

Common Ground Dove (Columbina passerina) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Jul 16, 2020 09:20 by Susanne Meyer
- Farren Rd., Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.443548,-119.9237752&ll=34.443548,-119.9237752
- Media: 2 Photos
- Comments: "small dove with pink based bill in avocado orchard far up the road on ground behind fence. Photos taken from the road"

Nazca Booby (Sula granti) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Jul 15, 2020 15:46 by Kendra Kocab
- Prisoner's and Scorpion's harbors transfer (inshore), Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.055575,-119.5945501&ll=34.055575,-119.5945501
- Media: 1 Photo
- Comments: "Will post Pict."

View/Reply Online (#30713): https://sbcobirding.groups.io/g/main/message/30713