Date: 7/16/20 1:17 pm
From: janna pauser <jannapauser...>
Subject: [southbaybirds] Guadalupe Oak Grove Park fledglings
I birded in Guadalupe Oak Grove Park only once in the past month and was
surprised at the number of breeding birds and offspring today. Three
PACIFIC SLOPE FLYCATCHERS were perched on a tree branch in the middle
section off the heavily oaked trail. One flew off before I got this
distant photo. An adult was heard here, another near the parking lot and
another on the Villa's property. I had BLUE GRAY GNATCATCHERS in four
locations, a family group of three on the wooded trail with more seen. A
fledgling COOPER'S HAWK called and flew across the trail. I had all
three COHA fledglings on a visit three weeks ago. Two HUTTON VIREO were
heard. At least four NUTTALL'S Woodpecker and numerous ACORN WOODPECKERS
were throughout the park. A MOURNING DOVE family of four was near their
nest tree. A calling immature RED TAILED HAWK chased after an adult and
RED SHOULDERED HAWK pair was seen. An ASH THROATED FLYCATCHER pair were
in a clump of their favored Coyote Brush, which may have hidden fledglings.

People are finally getting the message and most park visitors wore masks
today.

Janna Pauser
Almaden Valley

View/Reply Online (#22023): https://groups.io/g/southbaybirds/message/22023
-=-=-

Please be discrete in disclosing locations of nesting birds. Disclosure of nests for Owls and Raptors is prohibited.
-=-=-
Group Owner: southbaybirds+<owner...>

Join us on Facebook!