Date: 7/16/20 9:46 am
From: Glenn Williams via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: Re: [CT Birds] Problems with eBird?
John,

I was having a similar problem in recent weeks. I thought it was a connectivity issue. I figured out that if I opened on old eBird checklist from the same location while entering data for a later date, I would get "spinner" icons in the "add data"sections or when I completed a list and submitted it, it would not go through and all entries were lost. The problem for me was opening the old eBird list screwed up the new list entry.

Why would one open an old list? I was trying to avoid entering all the breeding codes for the atlas. By checking old lists, I could see if a species had already been confirmed or if I would not be upgrading a level of breeding evidence. The solution - while entering eBird data for atlasing, open the specific block information from the CT Atlas site and look at the preliminary species list. All of your old lists and data from everybody else is included and is more thorough and accurate than checking just your own old lists.

Hope that helps,

Glenn Williams
Mystic