Date: 7/16/20 8:23 am
From: Linda Fink <linda...>
Subject: [obol] Re: [yamhillbirds] Comet NEOWISE
You bet it counts, Paul! But I can do you one better. I saw it Monday
night, the 13th for the first time and every night since from our back
field. On the 14th, a Barred Owl serenaded me while I watched the comet.
Took photos and they're lousy but definitive anyway.

So exciting to be able to see a comet with naked eye! Although I could
only see it in binocs from about 10 p.m. until 10:30 or so. As the light
faded, it got brighter and brighter with a very long tail and easily
seen without binocs. Cool!

Barred Owl did not sing to me last night (15th) but bats kept me
company. (They have wings and fly at night... that counts, right?)

Linda Fink near Grand Ronde Agency

On 7/15/2020 11:33 PM, Paul Sullivan wrote:
> At 10:30 PM Wed I went out to Sauter Rd, SW of McMinnville to get away
> from city lights and found Comet C/2018 N1 (NEOWISE). It was below and
> to the right a bit from the Big Dipper, in the NW sky, more than a
> fist-width above the horizon.
>
> Once I knew where it was, I was able to spot it while driving back to
> town by looking directly to my left from Hwy 18.
>
> Once at home I was able to walk across the street near my mailbox and
> find a spot where trees were not in the way and I could see it.
>
> Well, it was flying in the sky and it had a white tail does that count?
>
> Paul Sullivan

Contact moderator: <obol-moderators...>

Join us on Facebook!