Date: 7/16/20 6:27 am
From: paul <pkursewicz...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Comet Neowise
I realize that this is completely off-topic, but as an amateur
astronomer I have to share this with all you nature lovers. There is a
bright comet showing a long white tail in the NW sky right now. And all
that you need to see it is a pair of binoculars (which I assume all of
you have). It's about 20 degrees high from the horizon right now so if
you have tall trees or a building in that area of sky in your yard you
may have to relocate. It will get higher and higher each night. On the
next clear night I suggest looking for the comet after 9 PM. It's not
all that dark at that time but you will still be able to see it and as
it gets darker the image will get better. Do a systematic scan starting
at the horizon and work your way up. If you don't see it, do your scan
again moving a little to the left or to the right until you do see it.
You can't miss it.

For all of you who have a camera, attach it to a tripod and do a 3 - 5
second exposure with a high ISO and you should get something.

Good luck to all and enjoy!

Paul Kursewicz, Epping