Date: 7/16/20 3:32 am
From: birdrecords <birdrecords...>
Subject: [NHBirds] new Hotspot: Hertzka/Bon Terrain Dr., Amherst
Hi Birders,

There's a new hotspot at Hertzka/Bon Terrain Dr. in Amherst, which has come to my attention as a location that many of you have as a personal location for Whip-poor-wills and other birds. It would be great if anyone with a personal location there would consolidate their sightings with the new hotspot. I just created the hotspot so it may not be available until this evening, but the attached directions should work as soon as the hotspot becomes available.

Thanks!
Unity Dienes for NH Bird Records

TO MERGE A LOCATION:
1. Click on "My EBird" at the top right of any page
2. Click on "Manage my locations" on the list on the right
3. Find the location that you want to merge
4. At the far right of the site entry, click "edit".
5. This should pull up a map with your location at the center and several round "radio buttons" above the map next to the words: Rename, Move, Merge.
6. Click the "Merge" button and pre-existing hot spots should appear on the map as red "pins" and your personal locations as blue "pins".
7. Click on the hot spot you wish to merge your location WITH (your location will be indicated by a green and red symbol). The name of the hot spot will appear at the top of the map indicating how many checklists you are merging with that spot.
8. We highly recommend that you check the box next to "delete after merging" - this will not delete your data or the merged location, it will simply delete that original location so you won't be tempted to use it again.
9. Click on the square box labeled "Merge"
10. eBird will ask if you are sure. Double check before you click "Yes" as this action can't be undone!