Date: 7/16/20 2:03 am
From: Robert O'Brien <baro...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Comet NEOWISE
Of course you can count C/2018 N1 (NEOWISE).
You can add it to your comet city list, your comet county list, your comet
state list, your comet ABA list, your comet life list. BUT not to your
comet yard list because you walked across the street. That could come
later though.
You could even start moderating the statewide, annual, Oregon comet list.
The sky is the limit!

Anon.

On Wed, Jul 15, 2020 at 11:36 PM Paul Sullivan <paultsullivan...>
wrote:

> At 10:30 PM Wed I went out to Sauter Rd, SW of McMinnville to get away
> from city lights and found Comet C/2018 N1 (NEOWISE). It was below and to
> the right a bit from the Big Dipper, in the NW sky, more than a fist-width
> above the horizon.
>

> Once I knew where it was, I was able to spot it while driving back to town
> by looking directly to my left from Hwy 18.
>

> Once at home I was able to walk across the street near my mailbox and find
> a spot where trees were not in the way and I could see it.
>

> Well, it was flying in the sky and it had a white tail – does that count?
>

> Paul Sullivan

Join us on Facebook!