Date: 7/15/20 11:36 pm
From: Paul Sullivan <paultsullivan...>
Subject: [obol] Comet NEOWISE
At 10:30 PM Wed I went out to Sauter Rd, SW of McMinnville to get away from
city lights and found Comet C/2018 N1 (NEOWISE). It was below and to the
right a bit from the Big Dipper, in the NW sky, more than a fist-width above
the horizon.

Once I knew where it was, I was able to spot it while driving back to town
by looking directly to my left from Hwy 18.

Once at home I was able to walk across the street near my mailbox and find a
spot where trees were not in the way and I could see it.

Well, it was flying in the sky and it had a white tail - does that count?

Paul Sullivan

Join us on Facebook!