Date: 7/15/20 12:10 pm
From: Bob Reiling <rreiling2...>
Subject: [southbaybirds] Continuing American Dipper
All,
I first started birding the West side of Los Gatos Creek this morning (7/15) to the stairs seen on the East Side of the creek and well beyond without finding the a Dipper. I then birded the trail on East side of the creek to where three pipes cross the creek and beyond with the same negative results. Both of the sites where a Dipper had been seen did not seen to be good sites (rushing water and no rocks), As I was leaving and neared the beginning of the trail I saw what looked like good Dipper habitat to me (slower moving water with lots of rocks and debris) and decided to check it out. I instantly found what appears to be a first year American Dipper (based on white edged wing feathers) busy feeding on the West side of the creek and was able photograph it for the next 15 minutes until a dog needed to drink from the creek.

View this checklist online at https://ebird.org/checklist/S71521321

Take care,
Bob Reiling

View/Reply Online (#22019): https://groups.io/g/southbaybirds/message/22019