Date: 7/14/20 7:25 pm
From: Alexander Lin-Moore via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Hammonasset dragonfly migration
mid-afternoon at Hammonasset, there were many thousands of dragonflies
migrating west along the coast. I think the majority of the swarm was made
up of green darners, banded pennants and black saddlebags, but I'm pretty
clueless when it comes to odonates so there almost certainly were
more/other species. On the bird front, very few terns at Hammo today (at
least passing by the beach) and no scarce/unusual species, and no
shorebirds in the puddles in the west beach or nature center parking lots -
a departing flock of Short-billed Dowitchers were the only (avian) migrants
in sight.

Alex
New Haven