Date: 7/14/20 6:43 pm
From: John Harshman <john.harshman...>
Subject: [southbaybirds] Screech owl, Guadaloupe Mines Rd. trail
This morning, we took a walk on the unofficial trail that Google thinks is Guadaloupe Mines Road. We ran into a big, noisy group of mixed species, titmice, chickadees, juncos, a Nuttall's woodpecker. We couldn't figure out what all the commotion was, until we noticed at the center of the mob (and it was a mob) a large, very gray WESTERN SCREECH OWL. She (presumably she: a very big screech owl) was sitting absolutely still, straight up on a horizontal branch and nearly indistinguishable from a branch herself.

View/Reply Online (#22016): https://groups.io/g/southbaybirds/message/22016
-=-=-
-=-=-
Group Owner: southbaybirds+<owner...>