Date: 7/14/20 4:33 pm
From: Jane Stein <jeshawks...>
Subject: Re: [VTBIRD] American Kestrels
Don't know about the timing, which does vary with these guys, but he
wouldn't be making food deliveries if there weren't chicks in the box. (The
bad news is the males are no good at actually feeding the chicks, they just
drop off the chow and leave, so if something's happened to the mother, they
won't survive.)

Best wishes for them all!

Jane
(Shoreham)

On Tue, 14 Jul 2020 19:19:22 -0400, Mundi Smithers <amen1farm...>
wrote:
> A question, oh wise ones. I have been observing a pair of Kestrels since
> spring; courtship, hunting, copulating. I haven’t seen the female(that I
> know of) for ages. The male is making regular food deliveries to the
box.
> It seems to me that it is late for the chick to fledge. I may be an over
> concerned auntie but it does seem to me that previous batches in
previous
> years were well fledged by now.
>
> Mundi
> North Pownal
>
> Sent from my iPad
>
> The greatest tragedy in mankind’s entire history may be the hijacking of
> morality by religion.
> Arthur C Clarke 1917 - 2008

Join us on Facebook!