Date: 7/14/20 2:44 pm
From: David Zittin <dzittin...>
Subject: [southbaybirds] More Northern Red Bishop
Hi Birders,
Floy and I saw the male and I saw what was either an immature bird or a mature female.
I wasn't sure about the the female ID until I ran into Michael Mammoser later in the morning who said that the female vaguely resembles a Grasshopper Sparrow.
Bingo! It vaguely looked like a GRSP, but the feathers had dark centers with a reddish-tawny outer edges. The bird I saw also had a thin, yellow eyebrow.
We encountered the female on Bay Trail foraging on the edge of the dirt road as we made our way to Pond A2E.

We did get a good look at a male who posed for us. Photo at https://ebird.org/checklist/S71491365

We had a nice look at a soaring Osprey not far from where we saw the female Northern Red Bishop. Osprey photo is at https://ebird.org/checklist/S71496898

View/Reply Online (#22015): https://groups.io/g/southbaybirds/message/22015
-=-=-