Date: 7/13/20 9:12 pm
From: Jack Williamson <jack.williamson.jr...>
Subject: [obol] Empidonax (Yeah-But)
This morning while sitting in a meadow near Black Butte Ranch caring for my
dog Remy's paw, two different flycatchers flew into a nearby bush within
30-45 seconds of each other.

Empidonax flycatchers are hard to come by for me, especially nearby with
good lighting. So I thought - finally, I will be able to make a couple of
definitive identifications after capturing good images of each bird.

My choice of species based on the eBird bar charts for July for this area
includes Hammond's, Dusky, Gray, Pacific Slope, and this year Least.

I am convinced I am somewhere on the bird-id-autism-spectrum after spending
several hours comparing my images to the online literature and coming up
with buttkiss.

I thought the second bird that seemed to be following the first might be
the offspring of the first because I have never seen flycatchers follow
each other, but I ruled that out after seeing the worn retrices of the
second bird.

Your impressions will be much appreciated.

Images of the first bird have a green background the second blue.

https://adobe.ly/38Scoeu

Jack Williamson
West Linn, Oregon

Join us on Facebook!