Date: 7/13/20 8:40 pm
From: eBird alert <alert.ebird...>
Subject: [sbcobirding] [eBird Alert] Santa Barbara County Rare Bird Alert
*** Species Summary:

- Hermit Thrush (1 report)
- Northern Parula (2 reports)

Hermit Thrush (Catharus guttatus) (1)
- Reported Jul 12, 2020 08:07 by David Blue
- Kinevan Rd., Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.5069163,-119.8225639&ll=34.5069163,-119.8225639
- Comments: "Heard a single bird singing repeatedly, and seen very briefly, after the first right curve coming downstream from the t-intersection at the end of the road (34.5068150, -119.8241901). A beautiful ethereal song beginning with a long whistle followed by two or three higher phrases then fading at end. Will upload audio later."

Northern Parula (Setophaga americana) (2)
- Reported Jul 13, 2020 09:25 by Lori Gaskin
- 1597–2803 Alisal Rd, Goleta US-CA 34.53982, -120.16208, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.539817,-120.162081&ll=34.539817,-120.162081
- Comments: "At (34.53988 -120.16248). Found originally in sycamore on south side of road across small field. Flew across road from south to north landing close to north side of road in bay tree. Soon thereafter a chase between this male and a bird with white belly and blue-gray wings was seen by both observers. We believe this second bird was also a NOPA."

Northern Parula (Setophaga americana) (2)
- Reported Jul 13, 2020 09:25 by Mark Holmgren
- 1597–2803 Alisal Rd, Goleta US-CA 34.53982, -120.16208, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.539817,-120.162081&ll=34.539817,-120.162081
- Comments: "At (34.53988 -120.16248). Found originally in sycamore on south side of road across small field. Flew across road from south to north landing close to north side of road in bay tree. Soon thereafter a chase between this male and a bird with white belly and blue-gray wings was seen by both observers. We believe we are correct in assuming this was also a NOPA."

View/Reply Online (#30699): https://sbcobirding.groups.io/g/main/message/30699
-=-=-
Updated status & distribution of Santa Barbara County birds: http://www.sbcobirding.com/lehmanbosbc.html
-=-=-