Date: 7/13/20 1:54 pm
From: lavin_fara <pdunten...>
Subject: [southbaybirds] The California Gull mud stomp, or near miss with a yellow flag
The past week or so during the evening, Cal Gulls have been gathering on the impoundment between pond A12 and the railroad tracks north of Alviso Marina CP.  The gulls stomp their feet in the mud, something comes up, and they pick it off the water.  Any ideas on what they are eating?  When they leave, there are bubbles on the surface of the water for a time, marking the spot the stomp took place.

The evening of July 12th, hundreds of Western Sandpipers foraged amongst the gulls.  One had a yellow leg flag, a bit too distant for me to get the number.  Yellow indicates the band and flag were put on in South America!  Dang, what are the chances I'll spot this one again?

Good luck on your next adventure, Pete

View/Reply Online (#22004): https://groups.io/g/southbaybirds/message/22004
-=-=-
-=-=-