Date: 7/13/20 9:49 am
From: Bird observations from western New York <geneseebirds-l...>
Subject: [GeneseeBirds-L] Thank you
Thank you for accepting my subscription.

I wanted to share this with a bird lovers group and yours was the closest
to where I live. I'm in rural Genesee Co. about 10 mi. NE of Batavia. I
have a busy bird feeder on my porch railing and watch with amusement and
enjoyment all the various visitors. But this morning something different
happened. Sitting on the porch floor was a large bird with a black line
running across it's red/orange beak, looping below to its neck like a
dangling necklace. It was a soft brown with stripes on its wings. I had
never seen this type of bird before and I've lived in WNY for over 50
years. After much investigating, I discovered it was a Chukar, more
commonly known in the Pacific NW. I was unable to get a picture of it
before it scooted off.
Has this bird become more common in NY? Has anyone else seen a Chukar?

--
Bette Wing