Date: 7/13/20 9:49 am
From: 'Molly Jacobson' via NHBirds <nhbirds...>
Subject: Re: [NHBirds] Reference/field guide recommendation request.
Hi Chris,
I own the Peterson field guide to Moths of Northeastern North America, Princeton field guide to Caterpillars of Eastern North America, and Kaufman guide to Butterflies of North America. The latter isn't regionally specific but luckily there's a finite number of butterfly species so it's still been useful for me. These are all excellent, thorough guides - the caterpillar one especially compiles an extraordinary amount of information about immatures and adults, host plants, range, coloration and variation, etc. I'd love to hear if anyone else has guides that are even more specific to New England too though!
-Molly
On Monday, July 13, 2020, 11:37:01 AM EDT, Chris Heys <chris.p.heys...> wrote:

Hi all,

I am interested in purchasing a guide for butterflies and moths in our region. Can anyone recommend one over another please?

Any suggestions will be helpful.

Thanks,

Chris Heys
Jaffrey NH