Date: 7/13/20 9:01 am
From: Janet Hinshaw <jhinshaw...>
Subject: Re: [birders] Bald Eagles in Flint Cemetery
I'm guessing the young are OK. We've been watching the nests at Ottawa NWR
and yesterday there was only one nest where there was a young bird still
near it. All the other ones are deserted. I don't know where they go after
the young fledge, but we saw only one or two eagles flying around, whereas
in previous weeks they were everywhere. The parents are OK with building a
new nest, if they like the area where the old one was. They may also move,
however, so you'll just have to wait and see.

Janet Hinshaw, Librarian ph: 734-764-0457
Wilson Ornithological Society fax: 734-998-0038
University of Michigan Museum of Zoology
Research Museums Center
3600 Varsity Drive
Ann Arbor, MI 48108-2228 USA

https://wilsonsociety.org/ <http://www.ummz.lsa.umich.edu/birds/>