Date: 7/13/20 5:03 am
From: Teresa Hertzel <teresa.hertzel...>
Subject: [obol] Fwd: [eBird Alert] Oregon Rare Bird Alert
*** Species Summary:

Mute Swan (3 Jackson)
Eurasian Wigeon (1 Deschutes)
Common Goldeneye (1 Harney, 1 Klamath)
Hooded Merganser (1 Klamath)
Northern Goshawk (1 Lane)
Red-breasted Sapsucker (ruber) (1 Jackson)
Gray Flycatcher (1 Union)
Horned Lark (2 Lane)
White-breasted Nuthatch (Pacific) (1 Klamath)
Veery (1 Deschutes)
Common Redpoll (1 Deschutes)
Lesser Goldfinch (1 Lincoln)
Lincoln's Sparrow (2 Lane)
Great-tailed Grackle (1 Klamath)
Lazuli Bunting (1 Clatsop)

Mute Swan (Cygnus olor) (5)
- Reported Jul 12, 2020 19:17 by Lauren diBiccari
- Paschal Winery pond, Jackson, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=42.253687,-122.773865&ll=42.253687,-122.773865
- Comments: "Adult pair with 3 cygnets! Clearly released here but
successfully breeding. I can’t believe these have been back here without
any birders knowing. Thanks to Robert Pirtle for reporting them. Photos."

Mute Swan (Cygnus olor) (5)
- Reported Jul 12, 2020 19:17 by Alex Lamoreaux
- Paschal Winery pond, Jackson, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=42.253687,-122.773865&ll=42.253687,-122.773865
- Comments: "Adult pair with 3 cygnets! Clearly released here but
successfully breeding. I can’t believe these have been back here without
any birders knowing. Thanks to Robert Pirtle for reporting them. Photos."

Mute Swan (Cygnus olor) (5)
- Reported Jul 12, 2020 16:16 by Robert Pirtle
- Paschal Winery, Talent, Oregon, US (42.254, -122.774), Jackson, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=42.2537169,-122.7742509&ll=42.2537169,-122.7742509
- Comments: "Two adults and three young apprear to live in this man made
pond with water feature."

Eurasian Wigeon (Mareca penelope) (1)
- Reported Jul 10, 2020 09:40 by Mark Gonzalez
- Hatfield Lake, Deschutes, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=44.1232081,-121.198554&ll=44.1232081,-121.198554
- Comments: "Slender blue bill with black tip (bill too small to be
cinnamon teal); red head with steep forehead; red body -- reddest below and
lighter/patchy red above (scapulars and wings). Non-breeding, male"

Common Goldeneye (Bucephala clangula) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Jul 12, 2020 14:51 by Barbara Dolan
- Center Patrol Road, Oregon, US (42.843, -118.885), Harney, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=42.8433775,-118.8854221&ll=42.8433775,-118.8854221
- Comments: "Basic plumage. Dark Bill. Gentle sloping base of Bill to
forehead. Brown head plumage no facial spot. White Wing patch. Not a
Barrows G."

Common Goldeneye (Bucephala clangula) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Jul 12, 2020 07:39 by Wes Stone
- Lake Ewauna North Shore Trail, Klamath, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=42.21926,-121.7805444&ll=42.21926,-121.7805444
- Comments: "Male with all-green head gloss, nearly circular white patch
behind relatively long and flat bill. On Lake Ewauna among grebes."

Hooded Merganser (Lophodytes cucullatus) (2) CONFIRMED
- Reported Jul 12, 2020 07:39 by Wes Stone
- Lake Ewauna North Shore Trail, Klamath, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=42.21926,-121.7805444&ll=42.21926,-121.7805444
- Comments: "2 female-types together on wetland. I suspect one is an
eclipse plumage male and they are the same pair that was here through
spring."

Northern Goshawk (Accipiter gentilis) (1)
- Reported Jul 12, 2020 11:59 by Torrey Gage-Tomlinson
- Aufderheide Road (General Area), Lane, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=43.9126103,-122.0792465&ll=43.9126103,-122.0792465
- Comments: "Huge accipiter, likely a female. Flew out from the right hand
side of the road and circled several times before soaring off to the east.
Relatively long wings and short tail for an accipiter. Did not have
binoculars so it was hard to tell any coloration on the underside besides
that it was not streaked as a juvenile bird would be."

Red-breasted Sapsucker (ruber) (Sphyrapicus ruber ruber) (4) CONFIRMED
- Reported Jul 11, 2020 19:21 by Alex Lamoreaux
- Hyatt Reservoir, Jackson, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=42.1868115,-122.4508667&ll=42.1868115,-122.4508667
- Comments: "Adults and two juveniles. Expected ssp by plumage."

Gray Flycatcher (Empidonax wrightii) (1)
- Reported Jul 10, 2020 09:42 by Chris Lauman
- Red Bridge State Park, Union, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=45.2904001,-118.3317018&ll=45.2904001,-118.3317018
- Comments: "Seemed to have the larger bill and was making the 2 note
jr-vrip sound."

Horned Lark (Eremophila alpestris) (1)
- Reported Jul 12, 2020 06:32 by Vjera Thompson
- Fern Ridge WMA--Royal Ave. area (general), Lane, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=44.0705825,-123.2574606&ll=44.0705825,-123.2574606
- Comments: "Continuing. High tinkling song."

Horned Lark (Eremophila alpestris) (1)
- Reported Jul 12, 2020 06:32 by Nancy Clogston
- Fern Ridge WMA--Royal Ave. area (general), Lane, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=44.0705825,-123.2574606&ll=44.0705825,-123.2574606
- Comments: "Continuing. High tinkling song."

White-breasted Nuthatch (Pacific) (Sitta carolinensis aculeata/alexandrae)
(1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Jul 12, 2020 13:05 by Kevin Spencer
- Moore Park, Klamath, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=42.2314,-121.8098&ll=42.2314,-121.8098
- Media: 1 Audio
- Comments: "Recorded; slower cadence, different pitch than Interior."

Veery (Catharus fuscescens) (1)
- Reported Jul 12, 2020 17:30 by William Hemstrom
- Black Butte Swamp, Deschutes, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=44.3713649,-121.6314715&ll=44.3713649,-121.6314715
- Comments: "Singing from aspens at 44.3712182, -121.6302760"

Common Redpoll (Acanthis flammea) (6)
- Reported Jul 08, 2020 11:00 by Dave Baker
- Flatiron Rock Trail, Deschutes, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=43.9634238,-121.0531313&ll=43.9634238,-121.0531313
- Media: 3 Photos
- Comments: "Of course it's not a redpoll, but I have submitted photos of
birds I couldn't identify before and nobody has ever gotten back to me with
any sort of identification as to what they were. Apparently the only way
to get ID help is to give some sort of outrageous species so that somebody
will check it. It would be a lot easier if unidentified species with media
were routinely checked by the powers-that-be - but currently that doesn't
seem to happen. Please have somebody look at the photos and send me an
email giving an identification and I will happily change it to the correct
species."

Lesser Goldfinch (Spinus psaltria) (4)
- Reported Jul 12, 2020 09:48 by Randy Moore
- 1279 Marys Peak Road, Blodgett, Oregon, US (44.538, -123.672), Lincoln,
Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=44.5379748,-123.6723936&ll=44.5379748,-123.6723936
- Comments: "Eating thistle in pasture, also 2 flyovers"

Lincoln's Sparrow (Melospiza lincolnii) (3)
- Reported Jul 12, 2020 09:09 by Sally Hill
- FS Road 452, Lane, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=43.575354,-122.335533&ll=43.575354,-122.335533
- Comments: "Wet meadow habitat, known breeding location for this species."

Lincoln's Sparrow (Melospiza lincolnii) (3)
- Reported Jul 12, 2020 09:09 by Vickie Buck
- FS Road 452, Lane, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=43.575354,-122.335533&ll=43.575354,-122.335533
- Comments: "Wet meadow habitat, known breeding location for this species."

Great-tailed Grackle (Quiscalus mexicanus) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Jul 12, 2020 07:39 by Wes Stone
- Lake Ewauna North Shore Trail, Klamath, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=42.21926,-121.7805444&ll=42.21926,-121.7805444
- Comments: "Male, continuing in area."

Lazuli Bunting (Passerina amoena) (1)
- Reported Jul 11, 2020 12:05 by Susan Kirkbride
- Spur off Beneke Road at 4.5 Mile Mark 45.98950, -123.49708, Clatsop,
Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=45.9895,-123.497084&ll=45.9895,-123.497084
- Comments: "Singing"

eBird Alerts provide recent reports of regionally or seasonally rare
species (Rarities Alerts) or species you have not yet observed (Needs
Alerts) in your region of interest; both Accepted and Unreviewed
observations are included. Some reports may be from private property or
inaccessible to the general public. It is the responsibility of every
eBirder to be aware of and respectful of access restrictions. For more
information, see our Terms of Use:
https://www.birds.cornell.edu/home/terms-of-use/

Join us on Facebook!