Date: 7/12/20 8:29 pm
From: eBird alert <alert.ebird...>
Subject: [sbcobirding] [eBird Alert] Santa Barbara County Rare Bird Alert
*** Species Summary:

- Yellow-crowned Night-Heron (1 report)
- Hermit Thrush (2 reports)
- Baltimore Oriole (1 report)
- Northern Parula (1 report)

Yellow-crowned Night-Heron (Nyctanassa violacea) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Jul 12, 2020 10:29 by Joan Lentz
- Goleta Beach Park, Goleta US-CA 34.41727, -119.82845, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.417271,-119.828445&ll=34.417271,-119.828445
- Comments: "Continuing bird. Seen on north bank from viewing platform, then flew to near bank under bushes where difficult to see but perched foraging there. Noted dark crown, some white coming encircling the bottom of the cheek. Otherwise streaky appearance on front, although back is beginning to be all grayish. Not sure of age but probably not a juvenile, although immature."

Hermit Thrush (Catharus guttatus) (3) CONFIRMED
- Reported Jul 11, 2020 09:06 by Mark Holmgren
- Kinevan Rd., Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.5069163,-119.8225639&ll=34.5069163,-119.8225639
- Comments: "Two heard singing simultaneously from different locations near the upstream end of Kinevan Road.  Prior to that we heard a singing bird at about the mid-point of Kinevan Rd.  On this basis we believed there were three singing birds present."

Hermit Thrush (Catharus guttatus) (3) CONFIRMED
- Reported Jul 11, 2020 09:06 by Conor McMahon
- Kinevan Rd., Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.5069163,-119.8225639&ll=34.5069163,-119.8225639
- Comments: "Two heard singing simultaneously from different locations near the upstream end of Kinevan Road.  Prior to that we heard a singing bird at about the mid-point of Kinevan Rd.  On this basis we believed there were three singing birds present."

Baltimore Oriole (Icterus galbula) (1)
- Reported Jul 12, 2020 10:11 by Andrew McGrath
- Coronado Dr.--south end (Goleta Monarch Grove), Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.4232079,-119.8898008&ll=34.4232079,-119.8898008
- Media: 3 Photos
- Comments: "34.4238, -119.8946 just west of the end of Santa Barbara Shores Road. Deep orange oriole with entirely black head. Seen associating with hooded orioles"

Northern Parula (Setophaga americana) (1)
- Reported Jul 12, 2020 10:11 by Andrew McGrath
- Coronado Dr.--south end (Goleta Monarch Grove), Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.4232079,-119.8898008&ll=34.4232079,-119.8898008
- Comments: "34.4238, -119.8946 just west of the end of Santa Barbara Shores Road. Warbler with blue head and back and yellow underside. Pointed black bill. Spots of orange on throat. Unfortunately did not call nor stay visible long enough for photo. Flirting around understory/fallen log"

View/Reply Online (#30696): https://sbcobirding.groups.io/g/main/message/30696
-=-=-
Updated status & distribution of Santa Barbara County birds: http://www.sbcobirding.com/lehmanbosbc.html
-=-=-