Date: 7/12/20 4:47 pm
From: Susan Schaezler <susan...>
Subject: [texbirds] Re: 7-12-20 Cassin’s Vireo @ Warbler Woods Bird Sanctuary
Having some discussions on the bird, wanted to include the notes and more pictures—sadly, the lighting was worse than when we first saw the bird, where it was very pale and not like young White-eyed Vireo or Bell’s Vireo, but ready for discussion
Don’s EBird report today
1
Details: Vireo with general appearance of being somewhat long and slender, distinct white eye ring and spectacles, dark eyes, upperparts and head uniformly light gray, underparts white with some yellow on flanks toward tail, tail gray but with significant yellow on top as if tail feathers had yellow edges, two white wing bars, plumage between the wingbars same gray color as that of upperparts and coverts above upper wingbars. Photo available.
Media:
© Don Schaezler Macaulay Library
© Don SchaezlerMacaulay Library

Susan Schaezler
WarblerWoods.org, http://ebird.org/ebird/hotspot/L213585?yr=cur
501(c)(3) Cibolo/Schertz/Guadalupe County
Life member TOS, SAAS, TAS

> On Jul 12, 2020, at 6:26 PM, Susan Schaezler <susan...> wrote:
>

> 7-12-20 Cassin’s Vireo @ Warbler Woods Bird Sanctuary
>
> Today’s fun bird—this one had exposure changed to lighten it. Susan & Don Schaezler
> <image.jpg>
>

> Susan Schaezler
> WarblerWoods.org, http://ebird.org/ebird/hotspot/L213585?yr=cur
> 501(c)(3) Cibolo/Schertz/Guadalupe County
> Lone Star Land Steward Winner 2011. GCBO Site Partner
> Life member TOS, SAAS, TAS

Join us on Facebook!