Date: 7/12/20 2:00 pm
From: Thor Manson <thormanson...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] [EXT]Rufous capped Warbler; Patagonia; Sunday.
External Email

Hi Birders: As today was my day to fill the feeders at Tucson Audubon's Paton Center for Hummingbirds in Patagonia, I thought I would follow up on David Stejskal's and Clifford Cather's reports of a Rufous capped Warbler further down Blue Haven Road, by the Nature Conservancy property. For excellent directions, if you want to try for the bird, read Clifford's description on this listserve from yesterday. BTW, Paton's is not open due to concerns about the Covid 19 virus, but a crew of volunteers, and some staff members do their best to keep the feeders filled, and it is possible to see some birds, including the Violet crowned Hummingbird from the road, as some of the feeders are visible from there.
I arrived at the warbler site around 7:00 a.m., after dealing with a dead car battery- sigh. There were 3 other birders there, and none had heard or seen the warbler as of that time. Just before 8:00 a.m. the Rufous capped did show up and was quite visible as it foraged in a number of trees/bushes just on the other side of the fence in the same habitat Clifford described. All of us had good looks. The interesting part, especially after reading Clifford's report was that today, it was not singing at all. So, if that pattern continues, keeping a sharp lookout will be important. Cheers, Thor

Thor Manson
Green Valley