Date: 7/12/20 1:59 pm
From: Richard Hollis <xiboia...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Jelly and Orioles
We had taken down our jelly feeders when the orioles moved on to the feed. A week or so ago we started to see one around our feeders. We still had some jelly left in a jar so Janet got the feeder out and started putting some jelly out. Not much and sure enough some orioles showed up, along with catbirds. Today we watched an adult male feed a young bird. They did not stay long, the young only got a few bits, before they left for insects.

Nice to see.

Rick Hollis
rural North Liberty IA

319 665 3141