Date: 7/12/20 12:48 pm
From: Jennifer Miller <foundnatureblog...>
Subject: [texbirds] MBTA change comment period ending soon
Hi All,

I apologize if there has already been a similar post on the listserv but this is important! I am forwarding an email that was sent out to the TN listserv about the proposed changes to incidental take for the Migratory Bird Treaty Act. Removing fines for incidental take of birds via industry went into effect in 2017 and now they are trying to make the change permanent. Please submit your comments about this proposed change to the Fish & Wildlife Service by July 20. The process to submit a comment was easy and I was able to familiarize myself with the proposed changes, compose my letter, and submit it in about 20 minutes. In the email below, Cyndi did a great job of providing the information and resources necessary to accomplish this important task.

Supporting Alternative B is the best option to protect birds. I know the onslaught of environmental law repeals and requests to submit comments seems endless lately, but now is the time to speak up and I encourage everyone to take a few minutes to do so for the birds that we love!

Best,
Jennifer