Date: 7/12/20 11:53 am
From: Jody Williams <fisherwoods...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] [EXT]Arthur Pack Park, NW Tucson
External Email

Changes: from a high of 25 hummingbirds just a couple weeks ago it is actually difficult to find them… down to 4 this morning. It is mid-July so the two Least Sandpipers may be the beginning of shorebird southbound migration. A Spotted Sandpiper was also a first in over a month.
Northern Mockingbirds are becoming scarce.
First in over a month was a Lark Sparrow.
Ash-throated Flycatchers are still feeding some immatures. I watched a cluster of four. Also saw food begging and passes by a couple Gila Woodpeckers.
Two immature Cooper’s Hawks are foraging together.
Two Western Diamondback Rattlesnakes in two days divided my attention… look up/ look down

The saguaro fruit are passing, so that lunch bar is closing. It has been interesting to watch well over a dozen species feeding on the fruit.
The heat/dry is knocking down the shrubs and grasses.

John R WilliamsHome Page: https://list.arizona.edu/sympa/info/aznmbirds