Date: 7/12/20 4:14 am
From: Paul Hubert <paulhubert123...>
Subject: [ia-bird] White Pelicans, Harrison county
While kayaking Tyson Bend State Wildlife Management Area Saturday, a flock
of about 25 White pelicans flew over.
They were a little higher than tree-top level when I saw them, circling to
gain altitude, so they had been on the ground nearby- not just migrating
through.
Also observed were lots of orioles- baltimore and orchard- yellow warblers,
common yellowthroats, towhees (eastern I think) bobwhite quail, tons of
red-headed woodpeckers, indigo buntings, song sparrows, warbling vireos,
and I'm sure I'm forgetting a bunch.
Chip Hubert
Omaha