Date: 7/11/20 7:17 pm
From: Clifford Cathers <azbirding...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] [EXT]AZ:07/11/20:Tom Beatty's Miller Canyon
External Email

I braved the afternoon heat and traveled to Sierra Vista to Tom Beatty's at the end of Miller Canyon Road in the Huachuca Mountains, Arizona.  I spent a humid and sultry hour from 3:30 PM to 4:30 PM at the CAS sight.  At the parking lot at the end of Miller Canyon Road my car said it was 98 F.  Arriving under partly cloudy skies, I was chased out at the end of the hours by a thunderstorm that featured a lot of lightning.

The WHITE-EARED HUMMINGBIRD male came in about every 10 minutes, gracing feeder #7 exclusively.  A VIOLET-CROWNED HUMMINGBIRD had control of feeder #3.  Other birds included RIVOLI'S HUMMINGBIRD, BLACK-CHINNED HUMMINGBIRD, BROAD-TAILED HUMMINGBIRD and BROAD-BILLED HUMMINGBIRD.

Clifford A. Cathers

Vail, AZHome Page: https://list.arizona.edu/sympa/info/aznmbirds