Date: 7/11/20 7:41 am
From: Roy Lowe <roy.loweiii...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Black Storm-Petrel
When Lars stared “there at least as many Laysan albatrosses in the world as black-footed” he was correct but that does give true picture. The Laysan population number is around 1,180,000 birds with 90% nesting in the NW Hawaiian Islands while the back-footed world population is around 139,000 with 95% of them nesting in the NW Hawaiian Islands. Hard to believe we don’t see more Laysan offshore here but they just don’t come this way in numbers.

Roy Lowe