Date: 7/10/20 1:50 pm
From: Joanne Stevens <joshawk...>
Subject: Re: [Maine-birds] Mystery songs, 2 of 2
I think this bird might be a Junco.  I have heard something similar a
couple of times, 2 or 3 buzzy note phrases.  Even though a didn't see
the bird singing, one was with a group of Juncos and the other was in
western Maine mountains in appropriate habitat where there are Juncos.
I did find a recording of a Junco (hyemalis Oregon group) on xeno-canto
that sounds almost identical to your recording.  Habitat is right.

Joanne Stevens