Date: 7/9/20 6:58 am
From: Eve Meier <eve.m.meier...>
Subject: [southbaybirds] Birding in a few Saratoga Parks
Hi Everyone,

Yesterday, Patricia Lynch and I birded in a few small Saratoga Parks:
Wildwood Park, Azule Park, and Kevin Moran Park. Wildwood Park in downtown
Saratoga was the best park of the 3 for birding. This shady park with
small playground, volleyball court, and small grassy area sits along
Saratoga Creek and has mature sycamore trees, redwoods, several eucalyptus
trees, and oak trees. The bathroom is open. The park was quiet while we
were there (early in the morning) but activity was picking up as we were
leaving. The other two parks had large manicured grassy areas with paved
loop paths.

The best birds at Wildwood Park were several PACIFIC-SLOPE FLYCATCHERS, a
couple of BLACK-HEADED GROSBEAKS, one BROWN CREEPER and one PILEATED
WOODPECKER. The woodpecker didn't stay long. He noisily arrived at the park
coming from the north, then headed back the way he came. We never did see
the bird.

Wildwood Park: https://ebird.org/checklist/S71265883
Azule Park: https://ebird.org/checklist/S71263562
Kevin Moran Park: https://ebird.org/checklist/S71266125