Date: 7/9/20 5:22 am
From: Susan Wrisley <swrisley13...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Red-headed Woodpeckers at Bear Brook State Park - Fledged!
The pair of Red-headed Woodpeckers that Susan Dionne discovered at Bear
Brook SP this spring have successfully fledged 2 young!

I met up with Susan D yesterday morning as she was just about to leave the
area where the woodpeckers were nesting. She had already spent an hour
watching the babies sticking their heads out of the nest hole, but decided
to walk back over with me. As we sat down to watch, we realized the nest
cavity was empty! I could hear the babies calling from behind us and to
the side of us, but Susan D was the one who spotted them both. She's got a
knack for finding Red-headed Woodpeckers! Although we missed the exact
moment when they left the nest, it was still very exciting to be there
within moments of when it happened.

Happy birding,
Susan Wrisley, Hollis NH