Date: 7/8/20 7:26 pm
From: Brush Freeman <brushfreeman...>
Subject: [texbirds] Re: Sandhills
Thanks, Bert, I do know about Tim's find and I also had a single gray,
presumed northern bird in Calhoun Co. in July years ago that may or may not
have been compromised. I do not know of a "pair" appearing in Texas within
the past several decades (?) in July, and this certainly seemed to be a
pair as I watched from ~180-200 yds , IE them showing no signs of
disabilities at all. They were actively feeding in disc'ed soils that
appeared to be very fresh along with TV's and a couple of Caracaras. I am
not sure why I should consider these to be juv.s given they appear to be
normal adults from a southern population ?. But your point is taken and I
for sure am no expert on the distribution of summering or breeding birds of
the remnant populations elsewhere along the adjoining US gulf coastal
plains. I have done a bit of research including Lowery's today...some cool
historical stuff but too much to post here and perhaps dated.

--

Brush Freeman
<http://www.biospatialsevices.com>

Join us on Facebook!