Date: 7/8/20 6:22 pm
From: <bertf...>
Subject: [texbirds] Re: Sandhills
Brush,

While your sighing is indeed early, it is not unprecedented. A juvenile Sandhill Crane was reported 16 July 2004 in Round Top, Fayette County. The bird had been present already around 8 July and was still present 23 July. I wrote to you at the time, but I do not know if you had a chance to visit the place.

Another Sandhill Crane was at Richland Creek W.M.A. Freestone on 16 Jul 2009 (Tim Fennell).

Bert Frenz

Oaks & Prairies of Texas

eBird reviewer, Central Prairie of Texas

eBird reviewer, Belize

NAB subregional editor, Central Oaks & Prairies of Texas

<mailto:<Bert2...> <Bert2...>

<http://www.bafrenz.com/> www.bafrenz.com