Date: 7/7/20 12:00 pm
From: Ellen Fuller <cfuller989...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Yellow-bellied Flycatcher
Yesterday at the Donnellson Unit of Shimek Forest in Lee County, I
distinctly heard what I believe was a Yellow-bellied Flycatcher. The
habitat was exactly right for it to be breeding there, but I reviewed the
literature and they are not supposed to nest in Iowa (or at least not in
Lee County) I searched for the bird for at least ten minutes but could not
spot the culprit. I have seen and heard this species into June as it
migrates through. Any thoughts and opinions?
Chuck Fuller
Burlington