Date: 7/7/20 8:45 am
From: Thomas Love <tlove...>
Subject: [obol] Guadalupe Fur Seal (off topic)
Guadalupe Fur Seals are showing up on the Oregon coast this year. There was a report on OBOL latter May about one at 14th St. in northern Lincoln City. The marine mammal stranding map https://mmi.oregonstate.edu/ommsn shows a half dozen or more sightings, a majority still alive, with a cluster of sightings in mid-June in mid-coast (Lincoln Co).

I'm keen on seeing one, and since the stranding map is not real-time, I would appreciate a private note if someone finds one alive that's chaseable.

tlove AT linfield DOT edu

Thanks so much, and apologies for a non-bird post.

Tom

PS: thanks to Roy Lowe and Jim Rice for their assistance.

Join us on Facebook!