Date: 7/6/20 5:22 pm
From: Angela Dimmitt via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: Re: [CT Birds] hummingbirds
I have also had a strange hiatus - May 1 the male appeared where the feeder was hanging last year, female a day or two later.  Visited feeders frequently; male found perch on top of dead twig, sat there every day for a couple of weeks then vanished, ditto female.  Very occasional sightings until about ten days ago when I saw both starting to visit flowers, then the feeders.  Yesterday I was weeding and almost got hit by the male chasing the female into the flower bed - she hid in a plant, he did his "U" display repeatedly - today he was back on his perch and also displaying.  Both visited feeders and flowers repeatedly.  Now I have to watch for the nest.....hopefully her second after she raised a family elsewhere.
Angela Dimmitt
New Milford