Date: 7/6/20 2:11 pm
From: C. S. Wood via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: Re: [CT Birds] hummingbirds
In recent years I’ve had at least a couple females and one or two males (hummingbirds, of course, don’t come in pairs - they are polygamous and males have nothing to do with the family after mating); based on how timid our lone female and male were at first, i speculated that our former neighbors did not make it back this year. Other than that, RTHUs seem to be normally represented on regular birding routes and Atlas blocks.

The other day, a male was performing his courtship dive over my yard, so hopefully a second clutch will be on the way soon.

Chris Wood
Woodbury, CT
203 558-0654

Flickr: C.S.Wood-Photos