Date: 7/6/20 1:01 pm
From: Mike Clarke <transvolcanic...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Mystery Song
Hmmm.....
Having done many years of marsh bird monitoring in the midwest (another
region where Sora are common), I've never heard a Sora give it's two-noted
call in a fashion like this one. This call is much mellower and more
liquid sounding than the Sora's high-pitched "pu-weeep". The timbre and
lack of intensity are all wrong for Sora (unless somehow the recording has
been edited).

Mike Clarke
Portland