Date: 7/6/20 9:37 am
From: Nelson, Kim <kim.nelson...>
Subject: [obol] Re: 100+ murrelets
Alan,

Thanks for this report. Fun sighting! In the 1980s and 1990s one used to be able to see this many murrelets from locations along the central coast between Florence and Lincoln City. With fewer murrelets today it is much harder to find large groups, although it is still possible depending on ocean conditions. There must have been good upwelling and large number of forage fish off Bray Point on Friday.

Happy birding, Kim

S. Kim Nelson
Oregon State University
Department of Fisheries and Wildlife